Monday, February 11, 2013

Unreal Peanut Butter Cups

I love chocolate and if you add peanut butter to that then I will sit at your feet and beg you for one until you relent. So when I saw Unreal Peanut Butter Cups at my local CVS onsale and I had a coupon I decided to give them a try.
Facts:
  • Usually ~$5 for a 6.3 oz bag of individually wrapped cups.
  • Contains no artificial flavors, preservatives or hormones; no GMO’s (genetically modified organisms); no hydrogenated oils; and no corn syrup. Instead, they use real sugar, natural oils, and real milk.

What they Say:

Unreal is even stamped into the chocolate
UNREAL™ is starting with candy, because it’s the worst offender when it comes to “junk” – corn syrup, hydrogenated fats, GMOs, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. To “unjunk” means to replace all these ingredients with real cane sugar, real milk, more peanuts, and more cacao.

You don’t need to travel to a fancy health food store or pay a premium to buy our candy, it’s only available where junk food is available.

What I say:
Though its not a taste that we are used to, because we are used to all those preservatives and such, they are not bad. Just have to get used to not having as much sugar and such. I think that this would be a great alternative to give to my kiddo when she wants candy, so that she gets used to not having all of those "extras" and thus does not crave them as much.  

Recommend: Yes. You should go and try this yourself, the worst that could happen is that you don't like it and pawn it off on someone else who might.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment