Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nook HD

My hubby loves sports and video games, which is great... for him but I often get bored while he has the TV tied up with something that I am honestly not that interested in (save a few exceptions). Thus I generally use this time to read a book, which up until recently I had borrowed from my local library. After wanting an ereader for well over a year, my awesome hubby broke down and got me one as a Christmas present (probably so I would shut up about it more than anything else but that's fine with me).

He gave me a Barnes and Noble Nook HD which is my review for today.

Facts:
  • Available in 2 colors: Smoke (gray) or Snow (white)
  • 2 memory sizes $199 for 8 GB and $229 for 16GB with slot for additional memory card
  • Highest Resolution 7" HD Tablet with touch screen
  • Stunning HD 1440x900 display for rich color & deep contrast
  • Web Browsing & Email - powerful 1.3Ghz dual-core processor & built-in Wi-Fi
  • Parental controls & personalized experience just for kids
  • Available at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble and many more places. 

What They Say:
  • Apps & Games you love - Angry Birds, Pandora, Netflix, Twitter & thousands more
  • Movies & TV Shows to rent or buy - download or stream instantly
  • Books & Magazines - millions to choose from
  • Expandable memory and free unlimited NOOK Cloud storage for all your content
  • Light & Thin - easy to carry everywhere
What I Say:
The beginning setup of the device was apparently pretty simple as my hubby did it by himself only stopping to ask me questions regarding my Barnes and Noble account.  While he did that I perused the paper guide that came with it. Once he handed it over I also looked at the user guide that was on the device.

After going through everything I was interested in I was ready to start downloading some books and get my read on.  I logged on using Wi-fi (we have it at home) and found a few books that I was interested in. Having already put my gift cards on my store account I was able to download the books instantly and start reading. 

I have since downloaded many more books for me and a few even for kiddo, often searching for books that are Free or currently discounted ($2.99 and under) so that I can get more. Apparently my library even lends books via Nook but I have yet to use this feature as they don't have much of a selection. There is even an option to lend certain books (labled Lendable in the store) to any friends that have Nooks (I searched my facebook and found a few NookFriends, but it seems we have different reading preferences).

I carry my Nook everywhere because I never know when I will have a few minutes to read, case and point I read 19 books in January this year, which makes my goal of 100 total for the year that much closer.
With nearly 90 books downloaded I have only used 10% of the available space on my 8GB device.



No comments:

Post a Comment