Thursday, September 6, 2012

Downy Unstopables

So I had a coupon for Downy last week and the store just happen to have the Unstopables on sale, so I decided to get 2 bottles and give it a try.

I bought the Lush (purple container) and the Fresh (blue/green container).

Both have an appealing scent which hits you the second you open the container. Lush smells floral so I don't know that my husband will appreciate having his cloths done with this one, but the Fresh smells like just washed laundry. (perhaps that's ironic?).

In any case I filled a small cap of the little beads and tossed them in the wash with the dirty laundry (this included the sheets from the guest bedroom that the dogs had claimed as their own. Yuck!)

I could smell the freshness while moving the items to the dryer and later when I unloaded them. I put the laundry away. It's been over a week and the items washed with the Unstopables still smell as fresh as when I first did the laundry.

Verdict: this is a great purchase for those people who have odor-some pets, teenagers or who just love to have that fresh smell linger. It's a good price and just a small bit in each load the bottle will go far.

Other uses: I am sure that these little beads would be efficient as a potpourri substitute, for keeping the whole house smelling nice. Perhaps even a small cache for in the dresser. (I should probably check to make sure they won't melt or leave spots on cloths first).

Downy Website

No comments:

Post a Comment